Subject: Re: UnixFS, why can't I delete ?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Berg <berg@mailserv.tu-freiberg.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/05/1997 13:04:49
> berg wrote:
> > why can't I delete files on the FFS partition using UnixFS ? Is this a
> > bug or still unimplemented ?
> > It would be very nice if it would be possible to use UnixFS (=FFS) as a
> > alternative filesystem on the RiscOS side too.
>
> Yes indeed ! The amount of work to support make your FS compatible
> with image FS isn't that much work.

I don't mean UnixFS should become a imageFS. Thats absolutely out of intrest.
What I meant was, it would be nice if it would be possible to have IDE or
SCSI medias formated as FFS. It is more a FFS for RiscOS what I want, not an
imageFS again;
I think there are already enough of them are available.

With FFS formated/partitioned discs one could easy exchange datas with other
BSD systems and you even would have finaly a filesystem which is better than
ADFS and compatible to some other UNIX boxes.

I guess, no machine than a acorn one can handle ADFS discs :((

Ciao, Peter.