Subject: Re: UnixFS, why can't I delete ?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Sparkers <ee95seh@brunel.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/04/1997 22:40:42
On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, Paul Wain wrote:

> If I recall correctly the actual problem is that the directory that you want to
> delete from has to have world write privilages (e.g. /tmp, probably also
> /usr/distrib), and that what you are seeing is not being able to delete what
> UnixFS thinks are protected files....

No, it's not that. I made a directory especially for unixfs, set it to
world r/w permissions. I can copy files into it, modify files within it,
but not delete them or move them out of it.

As a vaguely related aside, would it be possible to make unixfs so that
the user could 'login' to it, using their unix password and login id,
giving them access to all of their own files???
Just a thought...

Stephen Hobbs.
e-mail: ee95seh@brunel.ac.uk

3rd Year Electronics Student. Brunel University.

Apologies for any speeling errors, I'm drunk :-)