Subject: Re: Locate Problems.
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Justin Stringfellow - Sun UK <justin.stringfellow@UK.Sun.COM>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/02/1997 14:08:29
> Hello everyone. Having finally got RiscBSD1.3A up and running (ish), I
> have discovered that "locate" wont! This is due to the database being
> empty. A friend with Linux said that there is a command to rebuild this,

Well, I don't know if this is really the right way to do it - but I usually just
log in as root and run the /etc/weekly shell script which root has set up as a
cron job to rebuild it weekly. You could look in there to see what command it
actually executes. I'm not near a RiscBSD machine at the moment to check it.
<sigh>.

On the subject of 1.3A, can someone tell me how to get it? I've changed my
subscription to this list to receiving them at work, and I've missed the last
couple of weeks discussion as a result.

I've just purchased a powertec scsi 2 card (in addition to my RapIDE card!) and
I'm going to reinstall from scratch when I do. Has anyone had any problems or
got any observations as to this? I'll probably stay on the IDE, but I was
considering having another partition on the SCSI side of things - is this
possible?

regards,
Justin S.
           /\
          \\ \            Justin Stringfellow
         \ \\ /           OS Support Engineer
        / \/ / /
       / /   \//\         Sun Microsystems Ltd.
       \//\   / /         Watchmoor Park, Camberley, England
        / / /\ /
         / \\ \           E-mail: justin.stringfellow@uk.sun.com
          \ \\            Phone:  (01276) 416562
           \/             Fax:    (01276) 416682