Subject: Re: Locate Problems.
To: None <MadNortheners@deathsdoor.com>
From: Daniel Brown <crp02@holyrood.ed.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/02/1997 13:38:53
> Hello everyone. Having finally got RiscBSD1.3A up and running (ish), I
> have discovered that "locate" wont! This is due to the database being
> empty. A friend with Linux said that there is a command to rebuild this,
> but I cant find it in the man's. Or do I have to reinstall any sets?
>
> Also, is xv included in this distribution?
>
> Can anyone help?

The locate database is rebuilt once a week by the 'weekly' script
(/etc/weekly). To rebuild it manually you can do either a

# /bin/sh /etc/weekly

or a

# /usr/libexec/locate.updatedb

xv is (IIRC) on the ftp.ph.kcl.ac.uk site, though I can't check where
because the site's currently refusing anonymous logins :-(

Dan.

--
Daniel Brown, Dept. of Chemistry, Univ. of Edinburgh, West Mains Road,
Edinburgh, EH16 5AW Tel. +44(0)-131-650-4816 Fax +44(0)-131-650-4743