Subject: Re: Xarm-33 ?
To: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/01/1997 11:58:20
On Nov 30,  1:31am, Neil A. Carson wrote:
> Subject: Re: Xarm-33 ?
> Peter Berg wrote:
> > works the Xarm-33 x-server really only on 8bit mode ? If yes, would it then
be
> > possible to use the Xarm-27 with the new 1.3 shared release instead of #33
?

> Yep, though I understand Rob is on the case after he's finished S+Ring
> some console stuff... I don't see why Xarm 27 shouldn't work, it'll be
> bigger tho' I guess... Are there any other reasons that haven't sprung
> into my mind?

No, Xarm-33 does 1bpp, 8bpp and 16bpp truecolour. It doesn't do 16bpp in any
palette-based visual type but nor does Xarm-27.

The full range of modes will not be available until the new console is in place
because the current console makes a mess of timings at certain combinations of
resolutions and bpp (mainly because it assumes that everything is 8bpp in
various places).

Cheers

Rob