Subject: Kernel-compiling problems
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/24/1997 01:38:10
Hello everybody,

did anybody manage to compile a kernel from the NetBSD-current
sources recently?
I don't know why, but during the linking phase I get a lot of errors
about undefined references although they are in the libkern sources
(/sys/lib/libkern) and show up during the make depend'ing of the kern
library.
They are __divdi3, __ashrdi3, __main, __muldi3, __udivdi3, __umoddi3,
__ashldi3, __lshrdi3 and __moddi3.
I tried it with current and original versions of /usr/share/mk,
/usr/include/machine and /usr/include/sys, but I'm still not sure if
it's because my

The linking problem with csc.o can be solved.
Because /sys/arch/arm32/conf/files.arm32 doesn't contain the lines
for the Cumana driver any more, I had to copy them from an older file
and this was the problem because they still ordered to use sfas.c. If
this is replaced by the generic ncr53c9x driver, all references will
be found. Because of the problem above, I can't tell if the driver
actually works, though.
The new entry for the Cumana driver reads like this:

# Cumana specific layer for sfas, now uses generic NCR53c9x driver
# as set up in /sys/conf/files
device	csc: scsi, ncr53c9x
attach	csc at podulebus
file	arch/arm32/podulebus/nda/csc.o		csc	compile-with
"cp ../../podulebus/nda/csc.o csc.o"

So long, Markus