Subject: Re: Lesstif 0.81 and 1.3 alpha
To: Andrew McMurry <a.mcmurry1@physics.ox.ac.uk>
From: Philip Blundell <pb@nexus.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/21/1997 17:51:06
>The final word appears to be that it IS the configuration scripts at fault
>for not recognising arm32 as an alias for arm, as I first suggested, and

Not quite.  You suggested that `arm32-unknown-netbsd' should be a valid
configuration.  This isn't the case, but it _is_ the case that config.guess
should understand `arm32' as the output from uname and realise that it implies
an `arm' machine (and, as you say, in the version I have here that is indeed
the case).

>that the latest versions have been fixed. The version in the lesstif
>distribution on the CD is obviously not the latest version and needs fixing
>before use.

A newer config.guess should just drop in.

p.