Subject: Re: Lesstif 0.81 and 1.3 alpha
To: Andrew McMurry <a.mcmurry1@physics.oxford.ac.uk>
From: Sparkers <ee95seh@brunel.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/21/1997 16:59:54
On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Andrew McMurry wrote:

> Has anyone managed to install Lesstif 0.81 from the 1.3 alpha CD?
>
> My first problem was to do with configuration:
> The configure script didn't recognise `arm32-unknown-netbsd1.3' as a valid
> system, and so refused to allow the building of shared libraries.
> I fixed that by telling it to change `arm32-unknown' into `arm-unknown'.
> Does the latest version of GNU makeconf still not recognise arm32?
> If it doesn't then the maintainer should be told about this problem.
> I'll do that unless someone else who knows more about any relavent issues
> wants to.

Hi, I was just about to ask the same question... I can't remember what the
configure script managed, but it wasn't perfect. when I make, I get the
following error:
1%cd /usr/X11R6.3/include/X11/lesstif-0.81/
2%make
Making all in include
Making all in Motif-1.2
Making all in lib
Making all in Xm
make: don't know how to make  gdb-inline.o. Stop
*** Error code 1 Stop.  ***
Error code 1 Stop.
3%

Having had a quick look at the makefile, I couldn't see anything
blatantly wrong - it looked much the same as the others in include,
Motif-1.2 and so on.

I was unsure where to unarchive it to, so put the wholelot into
/usr/X11R6.3/include/X11
Will this cause problems?

I admit to being a complete X novice, but was hoping to use RiscBSD /
lesstif to learn a bit about it. Hence the confusion.

Regards,
Steve Hobbs.

PS. Is it just me, or is the whole 'make' system way too complicated???
PPS. Many thanks to all responsible for the port, nice work.