Subject: Re: Congratulations for the RiscBSD 1.3_Alpha CD-ROM
To: Kjetil B. Thomassen <kjetil.b.thomassen@eunet.no>
From: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/21/1997 15:23:10
Kjetil B. Thomassen wrote:

> I would also like to welcome NetBSD/arm32 as an official NetBSD port.
> NetBSD/arm32 1.3_Alpha is the first official port of NetBSD, and
> that means a lot, at least to me. This is a major milestone
> in the history of the Acorn Risc PC (at least as I see it).

I gather that this also means that cd 'shifteing' companies selling
NetBSD CD ROMs will more than likely ship Acorn support in there as
well.

> I would also like to encourage Causality Ltd. (who is distributing
> this CD-ROM for the RiscBSD kernel team) to distribute this through
> normal sales channels, like the Acorn Centres of Technology.

I'm prepared to look into this; it depends what the demand, application
and expected support/quality would be. If there's anybody "out there"
who'd assist in evaluating such a proposition, or would know how to, let
me know.

	Many thanks,

	N.