Subject: Congratulations for the RiscBSD 1.3_Alpha CD-ROM
From: Kjetil B. Thomassen <kjetil.b.thomassen@eunet.no>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/20/1997 23:00:10
I received my RiscBSD 1.3_Alpha CD-ROM, and I would hereby like to
encourage everyone on this list to buy it.
(GBP 25 IIRC from Causality Ltd. (http://www.causality.com/))

Mark (Brinicombe), Scott (Stevens), Neil (A. Carson) and Rob (Black)
have done an excellent job with this CD-ROM.

At least I am impressed with what they have manged to deliver.
The CD-ROM is well laid out, contains the lot and is well
documented. I booted directly off the CD and installed it
without problems on my Power-tec SCSI-2.

The main reason for buying this CD-ROM is to support the above
people who have sacrificed a lot for us users; money, effort
and time. They really deserve it!

I would also like to welcome NetBSD/arm32 as an official NetBSD port.
NetBSD/arm32 1.3_Alpha is the first official port of NetBSD, and
that means a lot, at least to me. This is a major milestone
in the history of the Acorn Risc PC (at least as I see it).

Of course there are problems with the CD-ROM (as we all have seen on
this mailing list), but it has been put together in a short time and
in the middle of the Alpha cycle of NetBSD 1.3.
The latter is also the reason for some of the problems since
NetBSD 1.3 brings with it quite a few changes. Also on the
installation side (where people have had the most problems
judging from the emails to this list).

I would also like to encourage Causality Ltd. (who is distributing
this CD-ROM for the RiscBSD kernel team) to distribute this through
normal sales channels, like the Acorn Centres of Technology.

Finally I would like to encourage people to contribute to
the NetBSD project by (e.g.):
- Making new drivers.
- Joining the RiscBSD Documentation Project.
- Installing NetBSD/arm32 and make comments on it.
- Telling other people about it.

So, to summarize: Welcome to the first official NetBSD/arm32 and
thank you very much to Mark (port master), Scott, Neil and Rob!
(Other people also deserve a thank you, but this one is dedicated
to the NetBSD/arm32 kernel team.)

Kjetil B.
mailto:kjetil.b.thomassen@eunet.no
http://login.eunet.no/~kjetilbt/