Subject: ld fails
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Thomas Boroske <y0001006@ws.rz.tu-bs.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/17/1997 05:13:04
Hello.

I'm not sure wether this is on-topic for this ML, but here it goes:

I recently tried to compile a short programm I had to do for a project
at uni (originally on some Sun machine).
It consists of several C++ source files (.cpp), all of which compiler
fine with g++.
However, when linking, I always get errors like

comm.o:'__$_7Integer' referenced from text segment, but not defined

other symbol names are
'__$_6String' and '__$_9SubString'.

The types (Integer, Sting) etc. are from the g++ library, so I checked
with nm and found symbols like those in /usr/lib/libg++.a (.so.4.0)
(which the programm links with via -lg++).

However, the symbols appear different, ie.
'__$_7Integer' is '__._7Integer'
'__$_6Sting'   is '__._6String'

This is on a netbsd-arm32-1.2G system, ie the private beta release.

Can anyone tell me what's going on ? I see no reasons why the progamm
shouldn't link but can't get it to. Where is the symbold with the
'__$_' coming from, and, assuming it really means the '__._' version,
why doesn't the compiler produce the correct ones ???

Any ideas ?

Kind regards,

--
Thomas Boroske