Subject: Dynamic Loading problem?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon Levitt <S.Levitt@motiv.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/14/1997 23:18:45
Hi all,

I've been attempting to use the dynamic loading functions (dlopen,
dlsym, etc.) from within a shared library, unfortunately with little
success.

The dlopen() appears to be working fine the memory near the handle
returned contains the correct library filename. dlsym(), on the other
hand, just fails completely always giving an 'Unknown Error: 0'
response from dlerror() and never returning a symbol pointer (always
NULL indicating an error).

Has anyone else seen this problem?, or has it been fixed in a newer
crt0.a (mine is dated around July 20th)?

I've seen some odd results from functions called from this shared
library when they weren't compiled as position independant code,
could this be the problem?

Cheers,

Simon.,
            Simon Levitt, Consultant @ Motiv Systems Ltd.,
      Orwell House,  Cowley Road,  Cambridge,  CB4 4WY,  ENGLAND
S.Levitt@motiv.co.uk  Ph: +44 (0)1223 576318  Fax: +44 (0)1223 576319
------- http://www.motiv.co.uk/ ----- http://java.motiv.co.uk/ -------