Subject: Re: New releases ? Netscape ?
To: None <y0001006@ws.rz.tu-bs.de>
From: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/10/1997 17:06:37
Greetings,

The new releases weren't going to be released and were just
demonstrations. They _should_ be released. StarOffice will certainly be
available at the end of the year (well StarDivision have told me it
will, anyway) and Netscape---well, maybe, I'm still working on their
sales department when I get a free minute (of which there aren't any at
the moment).

A DMAd driver _is_ expected in the near future, but I've been saying
this for the past year or so, so don't take it as Gospel. Basically, the
driver is such that the first DMA works fine, and then it hangs waiting
for a 'counter finished counting' interrupt, which never happens (or
something like that, Scott can clarify). I believe one of the more
recent developments is that Gary Partis (designed the card) and a dood
at Cumana may be interested in writing drivers themselves, so the
likelihood of things happening is now more probably than before AFAIK.

Perhaps someone else can clarify this stuff more. It'd be nice if some
users started working on drivers, too, rather than just Mark and Scott.
Any volunteers?

	Neil