Subject: Re: SA-110 + 21285 support
To: Tatu Ylonen <ylo@ssh.fi>
From: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/08/1997 12:46:09
Tatu Ylonen wrote:

> Has anyone written support for the 21285 core logic chip for SA-110?
> I found no mention of it in the archives.  I couldn't find any mention
> of PCI support in the ARM port.
>
> I'm particularly interested in a configuration that would have a
> SA-110, 21285 core logic and some PCI devices.  The 21285 chip has
> four timers, two DMA channels, serial port, PCI bus, SDRAM and flash
> control, chip selects for external devices, etc.  The combination
> seems like an interesting possibility for many embedded applications.
> Any experience with this?
>
> Are there any obvious problems in adding support for that chip?

Greetings,

Support for the 21285 aka footbridge is presently in progress. It should
be done by the end of this month/beginning of December. We're actually
building our own low-end server product based around the chip (shrunk
onto an ATX sized motherboard, with some DMA IDE, standard IO, etc).
Mail me if you'd like more information.

	Cheers,

	Neil

--
Neil A. Carson                         Sales and marketing
E-mail: neil@causality.com             Causality Limited (London, UK)