Subject: Re: A suitable backup device
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bevis Peters <bevis@apg.ph.ucl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/07/1997 14:48:21
> > scheme for Xemplar. They suggested a syquest but school cannot get devices to
> > talk. Anyone with a better idea?
>
> You can't just plug in a syquest and go. You'll need to format it first.
> Though you should be able to tar directly to /dev/rsd0a or something in
> theory if you are not bothered about file structure. Is the Syquest
> recognised by the kernel at bootup?

Many moons ago I got RiscBSD to see my Syquest EZi drive, so it definately
could be done then. Unfortunately, I'm now using an IDE card that RBSD can't
see, so haven't played with any of it recently. I've also got an internal
IDE syquest 135 with 16 discs for sale at 150ukp ono if you're interested :)

--
Bevis Peters, http://phys.ucl.ac.uk/~bp/
(UCL Atmospheric Physics Lab has so few views, mine might as well be them)