Subject: Partitioning
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tony Houghton <tonyh@tcp.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/01/1997 15:38:10
Sorry to ask here, but I might not be able to get hold of this book
again in the near future...

A while ago I read part of a UNIX handbook which described an apparently
commonly used way of splitting a single disc into about 7 partitions and
overlapping them.

I can't really remember the details or even why this was a good thing,
but I do remember it sounded like a very nifty idea. Unfortunately I had
already just installed an earlier release so it didn't seem worth
reinstalling at the time. But now everything's changed so much with the
shared code, I'd like to reinstall from scratch, and it would be a good
opportunity to rearrange my partitions.

Can anyone shed some light?

--
                    \  http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~tonyh/