Subject: Re: current state of the audio device ???
To: Peter Berg <Peter.Berg@ww.tu-freiberg.de>
From: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/31/1997 10:28:01
On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Peter Berg wrote:

> hello,

Hi,

> can please someone from the kernelteam tell me what the current state of the
> audio device for riscbsd is ?

(Note I looked at the driver about 6 months ago) It's not really there.
Basically the beep is in fact an 8 bit thing (hence it sounding funny on
16 bit machines...), and the audio dev probably doesn't work.  I did
attempt to look at the device but not having the RPC Technical manual I
didn't get very far (this is needed for figuring out the DMA bits, and
where to address)

However given the relevant pages from the TRM I'm willing to take another
look at it, (I might even purchase the TRM, if I find it cheap enough
somewhere)

> I'm developing a D2D & sample manipulation program for the falcon, which
> might be ported to UNIX, especially to riscbsd ('cause its the onlx UNIX
> box I own ;)  but I need definitely audio support (44100kHz, stereo) for
> it.

At the moment there is no audio support (unless something has changed...)

Cheers,

Chris