Subject: Re: RiscBSD Installation Funny
To: Dave Daniels <Davedan@arcade.demon.co.uk>
From: Mr S.K. Stevens <s.k.stevens@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/30/1997 11:46:03
At 29 Oct 1997 20:03:24 +0000, Dave Daniels wrote:
>The installation is failing at the very first hurdle. We create
>the installation file system disk and set what we think are the
>correct options in !RiscBSD,

Could you reproduce all of the options you are using to the list? It might
turn out to be a simple typo...

Also make sure that Video DRAM is set to 0.

>But, at the moment, we are
>completely stumped. My own view is that the SCSI drive has
>something to do with it, but I have nothing to back that up. Does
>anybody have any ideas?

Well, it doesn't look like it's getting far enough for the SCSI card to make a
difference. From what you've described you could just as well have an infinite
improbabilty podule in that slot instead ;-). But to be on the safe side is it
feasible to rip out the SCSI card for a quick test ?

One last thing, have you checked to see whether the kernel isn't corrupted ?

>Dave

Cheers Scott

--
Scott Stevens, Network Services Group, Computer Centre, Imperial College
"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics!"    - Homer J. Simpson