Subject: Re: EtherH and Simtec IDE
To: S.J. Borrill <sjb42@cus.cam.ac.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/28/1997 05:12:27
On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, S.J. Borrill wrote:

> Also, any ideas on my cable fault (cs) error that I posted a while ago
> when I try to boot from a drive on a Simtec IDE interface?
Just trying to remeber the original message. The driver in my dev machine
also reports a cable error sometimes (need to talk to Gareth about that)
although the driver will happily find and configure the devices attached
to the interface.
There are several cable fault bits that can be used to detect errors. The
behaviour of these bits changed when I installed the RiscOS software so I
think the diagnostic bits are only valid when the controller is in a
disabled state (the riscos software activates it).

Just thinking, when you get the error does the driver abort at that point
? Early drivers did but I though that all the kernels I released with the
driver would ignore the error and continue to probe and config the devices
attached.

Cheers,
				Mark