Subject: Re: Drive quandary
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Theo Markettos <theo@marketto.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/25/1997 13:25:43
On Thu, 23 Oct 1997 17:12:05 +1300, pnaulls@wave.co.nz said:

> Most of the Linux software around you'll still have to compile for
> ARMLinux, and you could almost as easily compile it for RiscBSD :)

Well, yes and no.  Since Linux is more popular in the PC world than NetBSD
(gauged from the amounts discussed about each that I've seen), it is quite
possible that some obscure software that has been written for Linux only will
need slight tweeks to adjust it for BSD Unix instead of System V.  These may
be minor, but certainly require more knowledge that simply typing 'make bsd'

Is that what you mean by 'almost'?

That's the way I see it - I reserve the right to be completely wrong...

Cheers,
Theo

--
Theo Markettos			theomarkettos@letterbox.com