Subject: Re: Drive quandary
To: Theo Markettos <theo@marketto.demon.co.uk>
From: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/24/1997 23:08:23
Theo Markettos wrote:

> Well, yes and no.  Since Linux is more popular in the PC world than NetBSD
> (gauged from the amounts discussed about each that I've seen), it is quite
> possible that some obscure software that has been written for Linux only will
> need slight tweeks to adjust it for BSD Unix instead of System V.  These may
> be minor, but certainly require more knowledge that simply typing 'make bsd'

Hmm :-) FreeBSD is very popular in the PC world, though still not as
popular as Linux of course. However it's sufficiently popular such that
most packages around tend to support compiling for it, and pretty well
anything that builds for FreeBSD builds for NetBSD too.

Is Linux System V compliant??

	Neil