Subject: Re: Drive quandary
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Manning <chrism@spuddy.mew.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/24/1997 09:04:57
In message <199710230052.BAA20780@odie.barnet.ac.uk>
          Matthew Wilcox <willy@odie.barnet.ac.uk> wrote:

> Do what I'm going to do.  Walk to each SCSI / IDE card vendor and ask them
> if they support either / both product.

That's what I did last year.

> I'm going to see if waving money at cumana will help lift the bloody NDA.

I bought a card from them last year, after the nice man on their stand
told me that the NDA would soon be lifted.  If he tells you the same,
don't believe him.

>> So, my question is: what hardware can people recommend that is known to
>> work?

Given the problems with SCSI support I'm going to move RISC OS onto a
SCSI drive (DABS are selling the 4.3GB Quantum for £244), and use my
540MB IDE drive for Risc BSD.

Chris