Subject: Re: Drive quandary
To: Nick Bull <nick@c-u-p.demon.co.uk>
From: Matthew Wilcox <willy@odie.barnet.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/23/1997 01:52:26
> The problem is, because there is already a hard drive and a CD-ROM
> on the IDE bus, and I don't want to use the first HD, I need to buy some form
> of extra interface (IDE or SCSI - no preference) and a new drive. Now, a good
> time to do this would be at Acorn World, but unfortunately there doesn't seem
> to be any up-to-date information ATM about which hardware is currently
> supported.

Do what I'm going to do.  Walk to each SCSI / IDE card vendor and ask them if
they support either / both product.  I'm going to see if waving money at cumana
will help lift the bloody NDA.  Okay, not much money, maybe, but if there's
more than one person doing it, they might get the hint.  Particularly if they
see not just a lost sale, but a sale going to a competitor.

> So, my question is: what hardware can people recommend that is known to work?
> (and if you feel like tackling the flamebait in my first paragraph, please do
> so :-)

No, please don't.  There are several people who are on both lists and
undoubtedly have their own opinions about which is better.  A flame war
about this would be tedious and change the opinion of absolutely nobody.
Besides, there are better alternatives than either... ;-)