Subject: Drive quandary
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nick Bull <nick@c-u-p.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/22/1997 20:22:45
I have a shiny new Risc PC, on which I intend to install either RiscBSD or
ArmLinux. I'm a bit torn because RiscBSD seems to be in a much more advanced
stage of development wrt drivers for third-party hardware, but ArmLinux holds
out the promise of access to the large amount of Linux software available
globally.

The problem is, because there is already a hard drive and a CD-ROM
on the IDE bus, and I don't want to use the first HD, I need to buy some form
of extra interface (IDE or SCSI - no preference) and a new drive. Now, a good
time to do this would be at Acorn World, but unfortunately there doesn't seem
to be any up-to-date information ATM about which hardware is currently
supported.

So, my question is: what hardware can people recommend that is known to work?
(and if you feel like tackling the flamebait in my first paragraph, please do
so :-)

Nick