Subject: Re: Can't install shared 1.2 release
To: None <druck@rta.ricardo.com>
From: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/16/1997 13:20:09
David J. Ruck wrote:

> > Hope this clears things up a bit;
>
> Yes, but I'm taking your word (not having being able to preview the
> system on SCSI) that when I come back from Acorn world with a
> specially purchased large IDE disc and another Risc BSD CD, I'll work
> for me.

Hmm make sure you speak to me at the show, then.

I/we are not prepared to guarantee that the CD ROM will be perfect, free
from bugs etc. It takes a lot of effort for little gain on our part, and
is not meant to be supported---basically, it's more of a convenience
alternative for people not wanting to FTP the stuff over, whilst at the
same time going a (small) way to helping us recoupe our losses. Putting
the CD ROM together is about 1 week's solid work (ie taking time off
normal job) for 1-2 people.

If there was enough users willing, OK we could _do_ a CD ROM, sold for
ukp100 say, with a supported version of RiscBSD on it (bug fixing,
updates etc) but somehow I don't think it'd be worth it given the size
of the user base.

	Cheers,

	Neil

--
Neil A. Carson                         Marketing Director
E-mail: neil@causality.com             Causality Limited (London, UK)