Subject: Can't install shared 1.2 release
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Adrian Ian Skilling <skilling@signal.dra.hmg.gb>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/14/1997 16:25:09
I'm trying to install the release from the Acorn
Developers disc from scratch.

The boot floppy doesn't appear to get transferred
to the ram disk. I remember in my initial
install this took around 1 minute - there's none
of this.

The install continues but then various software
in /usr/bin (I think!) doesn't appear to be present.
There are links pointing to /bin/cat and running
them gives a message something like this :-

Usage: ramdiskbin <program> .... (list of programs)

The CD didn't have a inst-12/fs so I used the latest
one from the FTP site. Is this the problem ?

Note: A lot of this may be inaccurate since I'm not
      sitting at my machine right now.
(I am using the kernel VINST and root device is /dev/rd0a
 with size 1440K before anyone suggests this)

Thanks for any help.
Adrian