Subject: Re: pppd ...
From: Richard Barrass <rbarrass@lucent.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/09/1997 15:27:20
All,

> #!/bin/sh
>
> if [ -r /var/run/ppp0.pid ]
> then
>         echo PPP ist bereits aktiv
> else
>
>         echo "Starte PPP daemon"
>
>         # -bsdcomp option entfernt
>         /usr/sbin/pppd /dev/tty00 57600 connect '/usr/sbin/chat "" AT OK ATDT393686
> CONNECT "" ame: USERNAME word: PASSWORD ">" ppp' crtscts defaultroute
> noipdefault
>
> fi
>
> -------------------------------------

Okay... the problem I have is that the connection scenario when I connect to our PPP servers at
work are that every month, to aid with security, I am asked to change my password. This happens
immediately after I have entered my username and password for the first time. After entering a
new password twice, the login proceedure effectively starts again.

Also - in normal operation, I also have to select whether I want the connection to be a
'telnet' or a full 'ppp' connection (I therefore answering ppp).

This to me seems a bit of a nightmare of a script to write... any ideas anyone ?

Also - where do I configure things like DNS servers etc.

(I've currently set my machine name to be matilda and the domain to the uk.lucent.com which
will fit in with the system at work).

Thanks in advance...

Cheers,
    Richard

--
   Richard Barrass BSc.
   CCS AA Group & Lucent Tools and Computing Environment Group.

   e-mail:rbarrass@lucent.com