Subject: State of play, 1.3 et al.
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/03/1997 05:46:29
Hi,
  Ok I know everyone has been wondering about new releases and when the
shared library distribution will be publically available etc. I am sure a
lot of you will be aware of the announcement on -current about the NetBSD
1.3 release schedule and thus the 1.3 release serves as a good point for
the first full release of a shared NetBSD/arm32 distibution. A lot of
users have been testing the beta shared release and the shared release
that went out to Acorn Developers and the responces to that have been very
positive. Rather than make that release now public I intend to hold off a
few weeks (less than 3) until the 1.3 ALPHA snapshots are released at
which point a shared distrib will be available for folks to play with and
test.

Also for 1.3 NetBSD/arm32 will be available on all NetBSD ftp sites though
some of the additional sets may still only be on RiscBSD ftp sites.

I apologise to all those folks who have been waiting a long time for the
shared release but this so far this year has turned out to be one of my
busiest.
I will be around at Acorn World so folks can always look me up and berate
me there if they are feeling hard done by ;-))))

If there are any features / bugs folks want looked at before 1.3 they
should bring them to my attention now.

One area that I hope will be much improved for this release is the
documentation. If anyone has any idea or suggestions as to style / content
they would like to see speak up now.

Cheers,
				Mark