Subject: Re: Pb when recompiling kernel
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Wain <pwain@nc.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/23/1997 02:20:02
--=_NCMail_CkUN7A

>  config DACO
>  cd ../compile/DACO
>  make depend
>  make
>
> and then after 1H45 min, i obtain this error :
>
> ld -Ttext F0000020 -e start -x -o netbsd ${SYSTEM_OBJ} vers.o
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> shell_shell.0 (.text+0x136c): undefined reference to 'asc_dump'
> *** error code 1

At a 1st guess I would say that you have a problem in your configuration file.
Take a look in the file shell_shell.c (in my version of the kernel its in
arch/arm32/kshell/kshell_shell.c but if you cd to arch/arm32 and do a 'find .
-name shell_shell.c' you should be able to locate it). This is, for some
reason, believeing that it needs asc_dump.

Now asc_dump() is defined in asc.c which only gets included if you turn on the
"asc*" device. Looking at the code, it would appear that you will need to
configure in the asc device in your kernel because of a clash with some other
device you are using? (I am I must admit using a different source tree however
so you will need to do a bit of digging to find what is conflicting etc. -
config/files.arm32 is a good-ish place to start looking - be careful not to
damage this file however - it is a good deal more complicated than a config
file).

Paul.
--
This mail was sent from a 233MHz StrongARM NC

--=_NCMail_CkUN7A

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Reply</TITLE>
<BASE HREF=3D"file:">
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<PRE><P>&gt;  config DACO
&gt;  cd ../compile/DACO
&gt;  make depend
&gt;  make
&gt;
&gt; and then after 1H45 min, i obtain this error :
&gt;
&gt; ld -Ttext F0000020 -e start -x -o netbsd ${SYSTEM_OBJ} vers.o
&gt; collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
&gt; shell_shell.0 (.text+0x136c): undefined reference to 'asc_dump'
&gt; *** error code 1</P></PRE>
<P>At a 1st guess I would say that you have a problem in your configur=
ation file. Take a look in the file shell_shell.c (in my version of th=
e kernel its in arch/arm32/kshell/kshell_shell.c but if you cd to arch=
/arm32 and do a 'find . -name shell_shell.c' you should be able to loc=
ate it). This is, for some reason, believeing that it needs asc_dump. =
<BR>
<!-- empty text --><BR>
Now asc_dump() is defined in asc.c which only gets included if you tur=
n on the &quot;asc*&quot; device. Looking at the code, it would appear=
 that you will need to configure in the asc device in your kernel beca=
use of a clash with some other device you are using? (I am I must admi=
t using a different source tree however so you will need to do a bit o=
f digging to find what is conflicting etc. - config/files.arm32 is a g=
ood-ish place to start looking - be careful not to damage this file ho=
wever - it is a good deal more complicated than a config file).<BR>
<!-- empty text --><BR>
Paul.</P>
</BODY>
</HTML>
This mail was sent from a 233MHz StrongARM NC
</pre>

--=_NCMail_CkUN7A--