Subject: Re: Dialup from X
To: Alisdair McDiarmid <alisdair@illusion.oaktree.co.uk>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@mpc-data.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/16/1997 09:13:04
On Mon, 15 Sep 1997, Alisdair McDiarmid wrote:

> Is there a guide to using dialup from X/UNIX on RiscBSD, or one that
> applies equally? I can't seem to get anything to work.

There is a networking FAQ on ftp.ph.kcl.ac.uk somewhere but it only
covers SL/IP dialup. If your ISP uses PPP for connections I have a set of
scripts to connect to Demon which you could modify for your ISP.

> What should I set my hostname to?

If you have a static IP address you can just use the name that resolves
too. In the case of a dynamic IP address the machine hostname is not very
important.

Mike