Subject: Re: Problems with X
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alisdair McDiarmid <alisdair@illusion.oaktree.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/14/1997 16:44:55
On Sun 14 Sep, Adrian P. Ireland wrote:
> In message <Marcel-1.26-0914101137-0b06648@verisimilitude.demon.co.uk>
>           Alisdair McDiarmid <alisdair@illusion.oaktree.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > When I type /usr/X11R6.1/bin/X I get the 'XArm' banner screen followed
> > by a grey screen with a black X in the centre. There is no further HD
> > activity unless I press a key.
> Talk about deja vu!
>
> I posted the same question about a month or so ago.
>
> the anwser from Mike Pumford and other nice people included.

Thanks :)

It seems to work better, but it's still not working properly :(

When X loads it goes to the same grey screen and quits with a host of
error messages, like 'xterm: no available ptys'.

It also complains of a lack of a mouse driver.

Again, pleas for help will be rewarded with free chocolate biscuits to
all:)
--
MODE31:FORX%=0TO&3FESTEP2:FORY%=0TO&3FESTEP2:IF(X%ANDY%)=0POINTX%,Y%
NEXT:NEXT:END