Subject: Re: ATAPI CD-ROM
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Adrian P. Ireland <aireland@indigo.ie>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/14/1997 10:08:31
In message <Marcel-1.26-0913183107-fc46648@verisimilitude.demon.co.uk>
          Alisdair McDiarmid <alisdair@illusion.oaktree.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm trying to install RiscBSD from Uniqueway's RiscDisc 3, on a SA
> RiscPC with an ATAPI CD-ROM drive.
>
> When I try to mount the CD I get an error along the lines of 'Device
> does not support this operation'.
>
> How can I fix this?

I installed from the Uniqueway RiscDisc 3 CD but didnt do it directly from
the CD.

Copy the sets you want to install to /usr/distrib using unixfs
then install them from there using /usr/local/sbin/rcm

Some of the kernels dont support cdroms.
In particular I think the kernel that I am using at the moment does not;
voy/5328

If you are using that one you might try one of the older kernels.

Adrian
--
Adrian Ireland mailto:aireland@mail.indigo.ie Put it off until tomorrow.
Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.  Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.