Subject: Installation Problems
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jari Nicholas Kuhanen <jari@kuhanen.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/13/1997 21:19:53
Hi all,

For reference to the problem, I have the following devices :

HD : 850Mb Conner ADFS, 1.2G Fireball ATAFS (Rapide)
CD : 2x Atapi ADFS, 12x Atapi ATAFS

I am trying to install RiscBSD onto the 850 ADFS drive.

I have partioned the drive to allow 100M for Risc OS and
the rest for RiscBSD.

Having gone through the revised (1.2) instructions I am stuck
at 4.1 where I believe I have done everything correctly.

The RiscBSD loader and configurer has the following options
set :

Kernel File      : ...NetBSDSA110
Native Kernel On : greyed out

Root Devices     : /dev/acd0a (for ADFS 2x speed ATAPI? rather than
                               unsupported Rapide 12 speed??)
Swap Device      : /dev/wd0b
Single User Mode : ticked

Extra Options    : ramdisc=1440K (as per revised instructions)

Memory Disc      : 0K (as per revised instructions).

When I run the above configuration I get cannot mount root
or drive not ready. I am using the standard ADFS twin speed CDROM
to install as the /Rapide/ drivers for the 12 speed I believe are
not available. I have also tried /dev/cd0a with no success.

What have I done wrong.

Regards,

--
Jari Nicholas Kuhanen