Subject: Missing Ethernet Interfaces
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: jmunro <jmunro@lornshil.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/02/1997 21:26:27
I've done it! Despite not having touched Unix for many years, I have managed
to install RiscBSD, and even get X running without too much pain. Funny how
the software even *looks* more solid :-)

However.......

I can't seem to get my ethernet interface to work. I have I-Cubed Etherlan
600 installed in network slot. On booting the system reports

netslot 0 at podulebus0: Etherlan 600 etc etc

When I run the Network Manager via rcm to configure the interface, it reports
with No Network Interfaces Available.

I have ehbug in the appropriate place in !BtRiscBSD.

I suspect I am either missing something from /dev or have missed something
during installation.

The ethernet card was added to the machine after installing BSD if that makes
a difference.

Machine: RPC StrongArm, Kernel sa110-4958, Release 1.2 Sets.

All suggestions gratefully accepted:-)

--
John Munro