Subject: Re: install prob
To: None <jmf@gnarumen.demon.co.uk>
From: Scott Stevens <s.k.stevens@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/01/1997 10:39:30
John Fenton writes:
 > I received the CD ROM a couple of days ago.
 >
 > I've been attempting to install on my main IDE hard drive. I've
 > partitioned it appropriately. The CD IS IN THE CD drive which
 > is a Panasonic 'PD' drive on a Power-tec scsi interface.
 >
 > The installation proceeds nicely for a few seconds until the
 > machine hangs where the message states:
 >
 > "ptsc0 at podulebus0 [podule 1 ]: dmabuf V0xf28d5000 P0x104c7000"
 >
 > What does this mean and how can I fix it?

This is the expected attach message. What should follow is a list of
the found devices on the bus. Did you get a scsibus0 at ptsc0 line ?
If so you should check your termination and the IDs of the devices
(RiscBSD sets the host adapter ID to 7).

 > All help appreciated.

Cheers Scott

--
Scott Stevens, Network Services Group, Computer Centre, Imperial College
Chandler: "I got her machine."  Joey: "Her answering machine?"