Subject: Re: install prob
To: John Fenton <jmf@gnarumen.demon.co.uk>
From: Ale Terlevich <A.I.Terlevich@durham.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/30/1997 15:02:10
> The installation proceeds nicely for a few seconds until the
> machine hangs where the message states:
>
> "ptsc0 at podulebus0 [podule 1 ]: dmabuf V0xf28d5000 P0x104c7000"
>
> What does this mean and how can I fix it?

  This means it has found your powertech scsi card, but it has hung
whilke trying to detect teh devices attached to it.

  IIRC this can happen with badly terminated SCSI busses, even though
RiscOS appears to function correctly. Do you have many ohter SCSI
devices? Try fiddling with their order and termination.

Ale.