Subject: X works!
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Adrian P. Ireland <aireland@indigo.ie>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/29/1997 22:58:06
Thanks for all the help regarding getting X working.

I am pleased to say that the problems seem to be mine and following the
advice to
- include the x binaries path in my $path
- use startx or xdm
- chown root:wheel /usr/X11R6.1/bin/Xarm-27
- chmod 4755 /usr/X11R6.1/bin/Xarm-27

things seem to work fine.

I was getting a warning about the L1 pages but these have disappeared
by increasing the number of processes to 52 in the  !btRiscBSD.

I downloaded xv and xv-png from the sets and xv works for me but
xv-png does not.

More questions
-------- question CD ROM
Can someone advise me on how to detect my CR-ROM drive?

RiscPC600 IDE harddrive and Essox Octopus (8X) IDE ATAPI CDROM
Upgraded to SA/RO 3.7.

Using kernel voy/5328 at the moment.
I tried going to /dev and
doing a ./MAKEDEV
and typeing
in the mknod commands in the faq
	cd /dev
	mknod acd0a b 20 0
	mknod acd0c b 20 2
	mknod racd0a c 20 0
	mknod racd0c c 20 2

>From RiscBSD 1.2 onwards /dev/MAKEDEV will support makeing the acd devices
so you can use

	cd /dev
	/MAKEDEV acd0

What device should I see in the boot sequence if the CD ROM is
detected?

-------- question Angband
Has anyone got Angband 2.8.1 to work?

It compiles fine but I am getting a problem with the program
reading or writing one of its data files.
I think I have the file permissions set appropriately and the
relevant path seems to be ok.

Adrian
--
Adrian Ireland mailto:aireland@mail.indigo.ie Put it off until tomorrow.
The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.