Subject: Install Problem (more of)
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David J. Ruck <druck@rta.ricardo.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/19/1997 09:43:17
I previously wrote:
>> [Warning New User]
>> I've just attempted to install the release of Risc BSD
>> from the Acorn Developers CD on to a 270M Syquest
>> ... disklabel problem.

"Kjetil B. Thomassen" <kjetil.b.thomassen@eunet.no> suggested
I changed the "Empty:" to "RiscBSD" in the PowerTec SCSI
partition table @ 00000000. I tryed this and and got exactly
the same error - "sd0: no disk label".

y0001006@ws.rz.tu-bs.de (Thomas Boroske) wrote:
> I've also got a Powertec (it's nightmare), and I've used bb_riscbsd
> every time without probs so far. Still, do at your own risk.

I tryed this and got the following from disklabel:-

  Labeling sd0...sd0 no disk label
  disklabel: NetBSD partition found @ 0x00004fb0
                                      0x00006018
  disklabel: unknown disk type SYQUEST
  done
  Initialising root filesystem and mounting
  sd0 no disk label
  newfs: /dev/rsd0a : Device not configured
  ffs: /dev/sd0a    : Device not configured
  file system full
  de>

The two partition found address are from when I ran bb_riscbsd with
the value it recommended for the start of the RiscBSD partiton
(filecore maths) and again with the value based on the whats is
used in the install program.

The "unknown disk type SYQUEST" corresponds to the name I gave
it. Using the default "mysd" gives a slightly different message
but the same error at the end.

Thanks to those who replied, but I obviously need a bit more help.
Unfortunately I'm away from email until Sep 1st so it looks like
I'm not going to get this working for the once chance I have to
get a proper look at it. (Atleast I've gotten further than with
ARM Linux which was also on the Developers CD).

---Dave

  T E C H N O L O G Y  .  I N T E L L I G E N C E  .  A P P L I C A T I O N

 David J. Ruck BSc     Phone: +44-1452-712925    Email: druck@rta.riacrdo.com