Subject: MIDI support available
To: None <rbsd@Kyra.FutureGroove.de>
From: Peter Berg <root@Kyra.FutureGroove.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/17/1997 00:25:22
Hello,

I finished a first working version of a MIDI driver for RiscBSD. The only
MIDI port expander which is supported is the SoundPool MO-4 output expander.
The interface will be connected to the parallelport and detected during
startup. Maybe the driver also identifies a printer as MIDI interface, but
this I can't test because I don't have a printer.

Anyway, this also means though MIDI output is possible now there is still
no possibility to get MIDI datas in under RiscBSD.

If there is demand for this I'll contribute the driver to the current tree.

Ciao, Peter.