Subject: LKMs and generic dev driver
To: None <rbsd@Kyra.FutureGroove.de>
From: Peter Berg <root@Kyra.FutureGroove.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/16/1997 15:56:51
Hello,

what is the current state of LKMs for RiscBSD ?

I've written a generic part for MIDI drivers (call distributor) and it
works. But now the question:

The generic driver is initialized everytime the BSD starts (attached at
mainbus) and then it executes the hard wired probe and attach functions from
the real hardware drivers. But this is not really generic.
How can I achive that they are really generic and independent from the
genmidi driver ?

How can I write direct to the parallelport ?
I also need to modify the states of the Busy and Strobe signals, but have no
idea how.

Ciao, Peter