Subject: Help with RiscBSD install
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark (BSD) <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/14/1997 22:30:12
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 17:56:55 +0000
From: Matanui <dshiell@igrin.co.nz>
To: port-arm32@netbsd.org

> Sorry to bother everyone but I'm stuck!! This stuff has me totally frustrated
> after 2 solid days of trying I am no further forward with the installation
> procedure. Basically I keep getting to the point of defining the root, swap and
> /usr partitions - installer goes away and then returns with "not enough space
> on filesystem....".
> I am trying to install BSD onto a RiscPC SA 18Mb RAM with a 1.6Gb Samsung IDE
> drive connected to an ICS IDE interface (1v5a3v17) with the following
> parameters :
> Risc OS Partition : 100Mb (0 - 203cyl)
> Risc BSD : Remainder (204 --->3121)
Shouldnt that be : ADFS 0 - 203
                   BSD  204 - 3120 (not 3121)
> drive parameters 3121 cyl, 16 heads, 63 sect, 512 byte

Oh! Oh! I think even I can manage this one, cos I did it at least once! Try reducing it by one cylinder, as above, and if it still doesnt work, reduce by another sylinder cos of the maths invloved and all . . . I managed to make the partition size one cylinder more than available and got the error back

 Hope it works :-)

 CYa, James
James Shiell
        WWW  : http://sevenup.home.ml.org/                         \|||/
        Email: 7up@mindless.com or jshiell@hotmail.com              @ @
AcornCodev1.02: A1 rpc6/I3500/A7/40 ro+++ m2 Icd2 !BB ed+++ dc nl--- !EC pc--- pr wb++++ HR++ an++ #ac! bd AW--- !F RH? !bbs