Subject: Re: popclient problem
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alex Hayward <xelah@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/13/1997 22:14:10
On Tue, 12 Aug 1997 imm@nethotel.dk wrote:
> I cannot fetch mail from my mail-server.
> When running popclient with the following command:
[snip]
> When I'm fetching mail using !POP from RiscOS I can see that !POP
> issues the commands TOP and LIST for each mail to be downloaded.
> I guess that this is what popclient has to do instead of issuing
> the LAST command. But how do I get popclient to do that?
> Or is there something else I have overlooked?

TOP <msg> <lines> returns the top few lines of a message, plust its
header. This can beused to return the header only. List returns stats
about each message (or a selected message). RETR returns the whole
message.

popclient seems to be issuing last, which I think has something to do with
the last read message in the mailbox. Are you transferring messages which
you have already transferred from Risc OS? If so then try adding the -a
switch as suggested elsewere (to transfer all messages) or send yourself a
test message, don't transfer it, and then see if just the new message is
transferred.

--
 alex@hayward.u-net.com; xelah@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk