Subject: Re: pppd ...
To: None <mpumford@mpc-data.co.uk>
From: Thomas Boroske <y0001006@ws.rz.tu-bs.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/13/1997 00:23:01
In message <Pine.LNX.3.91.970812155957.947D-100000@bass> you wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Thomas Boroske wrote:
>
> > In message <Pine.SGI.3.96.970811081634.26838K-100000@irony.anim.dreamworks.com> you wrote:

> > BTW, can I just kill routed, ie don't you need it ?
> I think you can do this I'm going to try it the next time I reboot and then
> try removing the extra route commands from ip-up and ip-down.

You can. Many thanks.

> > I had mixed experiences with the the system so far.
> > ping, telnet, ftp are running, but the old mosaic isn't.
> > I also wasn't able to do an xlogin.
> >
> I haven't had any problems with old binaries (Mosaic included) what are
> the symptoms?

I can connect to any ftp site with Mosaic no problem, but when I try with
www sites it'll just time out after a while.
This is with all proxying disabled etc. but this SHOULD work with my ISP.

I don't really understand what you've got to enter in the "proxy list"
(or the "no proxy list" for that matter), and all documetation is
online ...

Kind regards,

--
Thomas Boroske