Subject: Kernel compiling problem
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Sawle <mlsawle@locutus.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/12/1997 20:59:09
I'm trying to compile a custom kernel, and have supped the latest kernel
sources from sup.netbsd.org, but I can't seem to get past the make depend
stage.  It manages to depend the kern library objects OK, but some time in
depending the compat objects, all disk activity stops and after a long pause
an "Out of space" error is returned.  Does anybody have any idea what may be
causing this?

I have 48MB of RAM so I doubt that it is running out of main memory, and the
free space counts for / and /usr are 10MB and 282MB, although I have /tmp set
up as a symbolic link to /usr/tmp, so I would expect that there is sufficient
disk space too.

--
Mark Sawle        m.l.sawle@warwick.ac.uk
                  mlsawle@locutus.demon.co.uk