Subject: tin problems
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <imm@nethotel.dk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/12/1997 19:50:11
Hi there!

I do also have some problems with tin 1.3 BETA-950824-16colors PLO [UNIX]
(c) Copyright 1991-94 Iain Lea.

When I try to post a news-message from tin, I get the following
error (approximately, I cannot read the complete message):

PROBLEM_WITH_YOUR_MAIL_GATEWAY_FILE
Read the INSTALL file again.

As I got ctin as a set I cannot find the INSTALL file and do not know
what to do. (I have just found a comment from Peter Berg stating that
the file /etc/inews_mail_gateway must exist, so that will probably
take care of the error.) But where do I find the INSTALL file anyway?

IIRC it was Peter Berg who made the RiscBSD port of tin, so maybe
you (Peter :-) can answer the following questions:

According to the man pages tin should read the name of the
nntpserver from file /etc/nntpserver. But if I unset the
environment variable NNTPSERVER, then tin will refuse to start
because it cannot find NNTP-server news.tu-freiberg.de (when
I am offline). This surely must mean that tin does not read
the hostname in /etc/nntpserver. How do I get tin to do that?

Finally I would like to know where to get the tin-source from,
because I want to make an addition to the save article-option:
As far as I can see there is missing the option of base64 decoding.

Best regards
   Ib-Michael
--
Ib-Michael Martinsen
Email (at work):         imm@kmd.dk

.. 24 hours in a day and 24 beers in a case.  Hmmmm.....