Subject: Re: helphelphelphelphelp!
To: None <dshiell@igrin.co.nz>
From: Scott Stevens <s.k.stevens@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/11/1997 12:27:08
dshiell@igrin.co.nz writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 >  I've just installed BSD and have a few problems -
 >
 >   The most serious is twice now I've had the BSD partition corrupted, so I cannot access it . ..unixfs says "bad disclabel", and I cant think of anything ive done to do this . .

Check that none of your partitions (including the RiscOS ones)
overlap.

 >   Also, i cant get BSD to add another user to group 0, so I can use su, and X doesnt want to work when any user other than root is logged on - "permission denied : cannot access display driver"

Add the user name to the "wheel" group in /etc/group.

Ensure X is setuid root:

chown root XServerBinary
chmod 4755 XServerBinary

 >  Any ideas anyone?
 >
 >  Thanks, James

Cheers Scott

--
Scott Stevens, Network Services Group, Computer Centre, Imperial College
"Ah, we certainly know what goes into good beer in Ankh-Morpork," he