Subject: Re: mail/news programs
To: None <imm@nethotel.dk>
From: Peter Berg <root@Kyra.FutureGroove.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/09/1997 21:27:11
> Thanks to Peter and Olly for their quick replies to my queries.
>
> So where do I find the popclient, tin and exmh?
>
> Are they available as sets for RiscBSD or do I have to get the sources and
> recompile them for RiscBSD?

Look at the ftp site in

	pub/acorn/RiscBSD/1.2-contrib/sets

tin is called ctin and needs a file /etc/inews_mail_gateway which must contain
the name of your machine, otherwise it will not post.

> >For news, INN is probably overkill for a small personal spool.  Someone
> >suggested tin, but this doesn't allow you to queue outgoing news while
> >offline.  The newsreader slrn <URL:ftp://space.mit.edu/pub/davis/slrn/>
> >allows downloading of news and offline posting using slrnpull (included in
> >the standard distribution).  I wrote some of it, so I'm probably biased.
>
> Anyway, where do I find INN?
> And is it available as a RiscBSD set ore only as source?

I ported leafnode and have it running on my machine. I'll upload it onto my
w3-pages within the next four weeks.
The installation is very easy. Just install it as usualy with inst and then
type in the newsserver if you are queried for.

leafnode can fetch fron NNTPSERVERS and supplement servers and it only
fetches the groups which are read within the last 2 weeks.

Ciao, Peter