Subject: Re: Installing Risc-BSD
To: None <stuart@quantumsoft.co.uk>
From: Scott Stevens <s.k.stevens@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/08/1997 17:33:39
Stuart Halliday writes:
 > I'm at a loss regarding the cylinders aspect of the install program.
 >
 > I've got a 1GB Jaz drive on my Powertec SCSI -II card and I've partitioned it into 511MB for RISC OS and 509MB for the BSD.
 >

 > RiscBSD on the boot up side says 1021cyl, 64 heads, 32 sec, 512bytes/sec, 2091050 sectors.

This looks like a typical "fictitious geometry" used on devices that
don't support geometry inquiries.

 > FSCK just says of the logical RISC OS side:
 >
 > Sector size = 512
 > Sectors per track=17
 > Heads=2
 > Disc size=536862720 (511MB).
 >
 > How do you work out how many cylinders the RISC OS side has?

Well since you partitioned the disk using !PowerMgr you can enter all
the figures in the install script in sectors...

 > Please can someone help?

Hope so.

Cheers Scott

--
Scott Stevens, Network Services Group, Computer Centre, Imperial College
Chandler: "I just don't have that much chefing experience...unless it's