Subject: Re: can't get X running
To: RiscBSD , Chris Rijk <chris@ivision.co.uk>
From: Ale Terlevich <A.I.Terlevich@durham.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/05/1997 10:45:31
On Mon, 4 Aug 1997, Chris Rijk wrote:

> still newbie to doing unix admin type stuff btw.
>
> When running startx, I get the following error message:
> /usr/libexec/ld.so: xinit: libXmu.so.6.0: No such file or directory

  You need to tell ld.so where to look by using ldconfig

As root, do ldconfig /usr/lib /usr/X11R6.3/lib

This tells ld.so where to look for your shared libraries.

  A more permanent solution is to make a file called
/etc/ld.so.conf

and to put into it the directories that ld.so should search

i.e.

/usr/lib
/usr/X11R6.3/lib
/usr/local/;ib

  This file gets used to set up ld.so search path on boot in /etc/rc script

See ld.so and ldconfig manpages.

  Good luck!

Ale.