Subject: can't get X running
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Rijk <chris@ivision.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/04/1997 20:00:48
still newbie to doing unix admin type stuff btw.

When running startx, I get the following error message:
/usr/libexec/ld.so: xinit: libXmu.so.6.0: No such file or directory

I presume this means that the problem is in libXmu.so.6.0, that that
it can't find the file - I guess it means:
240 -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  107874 Jul 20 17:05 /usr/X11R6.3/lib/libXmu.so.6.0

running some of the other programs in the X11R6.3/bin directory also give
the same error, though sometimes with libXaw.so.6.1 not libXmu.so.6.0

Gives same error for root as well as other users.

Running X directly, I get errors that it can't find some devices, but
from looking through some previous emails, this is probably because I
haven't re-made the /dev dir...

btw, I'm using the new development stuff (shared libraries et all),
which is working a lot better - having unixfs working is handy.